Leadership Training for Supervisors and Team Leaders …
Supervisors generally enter their roles with two problems as they assume their responsibilities: Either they have not been trained in the requisite supervisory competencies or they came to the job from a technical background and are not prepared for the interpersonal aspects of supervisory work. Because of these two problems, they may not have the eight “main ingredients” necessary to best perform their supervisory duties. In order to be successful as supervisors, they need to:
- Be good leaders.
- Have a vision to the future.
- Be decisive and able to negotiate expectations with others.
- Know how to counsel and discipline employees who commit acts of misconduct and poor performance.
- Know how to communicate up, down, and across the chain of command.
- Know how to motivate their employees.
- Know how to delegate work and empower employees to do the work.
- Be capable of building teams to a high level of cohesiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Once supervisors become proficient in these areas, they have the tools required for success. PSC has built these main ingredients of supervision into this fast moving and hands on comprehensive 4-day program that meets the requirements of private industry supervisory positions as well as the federal supervisory competency areas identified by the Office of Personnel Management.
Delivered in eight 1/2-day modules over a four day period, our facilitated version of this seminar prepares newly promoted supervisors to take the reigns and lead successfully. This course is an invaluable introduction for new supervisors as well as a full coverage refresher course for experienced managers.